Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventivemaintenance in advance of pgindent run.) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventivemaintenance in advance of pgindent run.)
Date
In response to Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventivemaintenance in advance of pgindent run.)  (Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 09:14:36PM +0000, Piotr Stefaniak wrote:
> I've never been too excited to improve indent and it's increasingly
> challenging for me to force myself to work on it now, after I've
> invested so much of my spare time into it. So please bear with me if
> there are any errors.

Understood.  You would think that with the number of open-source
programs written in C that there would be more interest in C formatting
tools.  Is the Postgres community the only ones with specific
requirements, or is it just that we settled on an older tool and can't
easily change?  I have reviewed the C formatting options a few times
over the years and every time the other options were worse than what we
had.

http://enterprisedb.com