Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] Concurrent ALTER SEQUENCE RESTART Regression - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] Concurrent ALTER SEQUENCE RESTART Regression
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 2017-05-08 12:28:38 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 5/8/17 02:58, Noah Misch wrote:
> > IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED.  This PostgreSQL 10 open item is long past due
> > for your status update.  Please reacquaint yourself with the policy on open
> > item ownership[1] and then reply immediately.  If I do not hear from you by
> > ownership without further notice.
>
> I got side-tracked by the minor releases preparation.  I will work on
> this now and report on Wednesday.

This first needs discussion, rather than work on a patch.  Could you
please reply to
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20170507234334.yimkp6aq2o43wtt2%40alap3.anarazel.de

You've so far not actually replied to the concerns raised in this thread
in a more than superficial way, not responded to questions, and it's
been two weeks.  This is an architectural issue, not just a bug.  We
can't even think of going to beta before it's resolved.  It's understand
you not having time to properly resolve it immediately, but we need to
be able to have a discussion about where to go from here.

- Andres