Re: [HACKERS] some review comments on logical rep code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: [HACKERS] some review comments on logical rep code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Wed, 19 Apr 2017 04:18:18 +0200, Petr Jelinek <petr.jelinek@2ndquadrant.com> wrote in
<c2cfda3b-9335-2b57-e9ee-a55a8646afcd@2ndquadrant.com>
> On 18/04/17 19:27, Fujii Masao wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 1:35 AM, Petr Jelinek
> > <petr.jelinek@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >> Thank you for working on this!

> >> Hmm, I think doing what I attached should be fine here.
> >
> > Thanks for the patch!
> >
> >> We don't need to
> >> hold spinlock for table read, just for changing the
> >> MyLogicalRepWorker->relstate.
> >
> > Yes, but the update of MyLogicalRepWorker->relstate_lsn also should
> > be protected with the spinlock.
> >

> Yes, sorry tired/blind, fixed.

Commit has been moved from after to before of the lock section.
This causes potential race condition. (As the same as the
potential dead-lock, I'm not sure it can cause realistic problem,
though..) Isn't it better to be after the lock section?

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center