Re: [HACKERS] Allowing extended stats on foreign and partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Allowing extended stats on foreign and partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Rowley wrote:
> While reviewing extended stats I noticed that it was possible to
> create extended stats on many object types, including sequences. I
> mentioned that this should be disallowed. Statistics were then changed
> to be only allowed on plain tables and materialized views.
>
> This should be relaxed again to allow anything ANALYZE is allowed on.
>
> The attached does this.

The error message was inconsistent in the case of indexes, because of
using heap_open instead of relation_open.  That seemed gratuitous, so I
flipped it, added test for the whole thing and pushed.

Thanks for reporting.