Re: [HACKERS] contrib modules and relkind check - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: [HACKERS] contrib modules and relkind check
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Amit, Michael,

* Amit Langote (Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp) wrote:
> On 2017/03/09 11:51, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > OK, I am marking that as ready for committer.
>
> Thanks.

Thanks for this, I've pushed this now.  I do have a few notes about
changes that I made from your patch;

- Generally speaking, the user-facing functions come first in these .c files, with a prototype at the top for the
staticfunctions defined later on in the file.  I went ahead and did that for the functions you added too.

- I added more comments to the regression tests, in particular, we usually comment when tests are expected to fail.

- I added some additional regression tests to cover more cases, particularly ones for things that weren't being tested
atall.

- Not the fault of your patch, but there were cases where elog() was being used when it really should have been
ereport(),so I changed those cases to all be, hopefully, consistent throughout.

Thanks again!

Stephen