Re: Use pread and pwrite instead of lseek + write and read - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Victor Wagner
Subject Re: Use pread and pwrite instead of lseek + write and read
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 10:58:09 +0300
Oskari Saarenmaa <os@ohmu.fi> wrote:

> The attached patch replaces FileWrite and FileRead with FileWriteAt
> and FileReadAt and removes most FileSeek calls.  FileSeek is still
> around so we can find the end of a file, but it's not used for
> anything else.

It seems that configure test for availability of pread/pwrite functions
and corresponding #define is needed.
I don't think that all platforms, supported by PostgreSQL support this
API. Especially, I cannot find any mention of pread/pwrite in the Win32
except this thread on stackoverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/766477/are-there-equivalents-to-pread-on-different-platforms