Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL
Date
List pgsql-general
> On 27/07/16 18:54, Chris Travers wrote:
>> Another one I think they obliquely referred to (in the subtle problems
>> section) was the fact that if you have longer-running queries on the
>> replica with a lot of updates, you can get funny auto-vacuum-induced
>> errors (writes from autovacuum on the master can interrupt queries on
>> the slave).  BTW if there is interest in what could be done for that,
>> something which allows autovacuum to decide how long to wait before
>> cleaning up dead tuples would be a great enhancement.
>
> You mean something like hot_standby_feedback?
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-replication.html#GUC-HOT-STANDBY-FEEDBACK

I wonder if their problem could be fixed by using
hot_standby_feedback.  I have encountered similar problem but it seems
hot_standby_feedback was not any help in this case:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20130829.164457.863984798767991096.t-ishii%40sraoss.co.jp

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii