Re: Tunning Server 9.1. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Tunning Server 9.1.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/4/2016 2:02 PM, Periko Support wrote:
> I read some sites on google that it was related to this settings.
> Can u share your experience on this logs?

what you said earlier has nothing to do with what you're saying now.

original:

> I have server that hras increase users and need to increase
> max_connections from default value.
>
> Current value = 100
> New Value = 200
>
> This send me a message about shared_memory need to lower the value
> which default settings = 24MB.

then you said...

> This was my message:
>
>   PDT FATAL:  remaining connection slots are reserved for
> non-replication superuser connections
>
> Reading about, some points to max_connections because we have increase
> users on the network, I tought has sense.

I don't get how you got from that first to that second. "remaining
connections are reserved..." happens when more than max_connections
clients connect to the server.      this has nothing to do with shared
memory.

now, if after increasing max_connections you got ANOTHER message about
shared memory, THATS the error we need to see.