Re: Slides for PGCon2016; "FTS is dead ? Long live FTS !" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: Slides for PGCon2016; "FTS is dead ? Long live FTS !"
Date
List pgsql-general
>> I submitted slides to pgcon site, but it usually takes awhile, so you can
>> download our presentation directly
>> http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/pgcon-2016-fts.pdf

Looking at slide 39 (attached) I get the impression that I
should be able to do the following:

- turn a coding system (say, ICD-10) into a dictionary
  by splitting the terms into single words

    say, "diabetes mellitus -> "diabetes", "mellitus"

- define stop words like "left", "right", ...

    say, "fracture left ulna" -> the "left" doesn't
    matter as far as coding is concerned

- also turn that coding system into queries by splitting
  the terms into single words, concatenating them
  with "&", and setting the ICD 10 code as tag on them

    say, "diabetes mellitus" -> "diabetes & mellitus [E11]"

- run an inverse FTS (FQS) against a user supplied string
  thereby finding queries (= tags = ICD10 codes) likely
  relevant to the input

    say, to_tsvector("patient was suspected to suffer from diabetes mellitus")
    -> tag = E11

Possible, not possible, insane, unintended use ?

Thanks,
Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

Attachment