Re: Slides for PGCon2016; "FTS is dead ? Long live FTS !" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Slides for PGCon2016; "FTS is dead ? Long live FTS !"
Date
Re: Slides for PGCon2016; "FTS is dead ? Long live FTS !"  (Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
På lørdag 28. mai 2016 kl. 23:59:55, skrev Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com>:

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:26 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
Hi.

Any news about when slides for $subject will be available?

I submitted slides to pgcon site, but it usually takes awhile, so you can download our presentation directly http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/pgcon-2016-fts.pdf

There are some missing features in rum index, but I hope we'll update github repository really soon.

This is simply amazing!

I want to run 9.6 beta in production right now because of this:-)

wait-wait :)  We'd be happy to have feedback from production, of course, but please, wait a bit. We are adding support of sorting posting list/tree not by item pointer as in gin, but make use of additional information, for example, timestamp, which will provide additional speedup to the existing one. Also, we are sure there are some bugs :)

Hats off guys, congrats to PostgresPro, and huge thanks!!

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Attachment