Re: pgsql: Fix assorted missing infrastructure for ON CONFLICT. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgsql: Fix assorted missing infrastructure for ON CONFLICT.
Date
Re: pgsql: Fix assorted missing infrastructure for ON CONFLICT.
List pgsql-committers
Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 1:20 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Fix assorted missing infrastructure for ON CONFLICT.
>
> What does this mean?
>
> +           /* XXX broken */
>             if (attno < 0)
>                 elog(ERROR, "system column in index");

My guess is that it means we do support indexes in system columns (oid
in particular) and that instead of an ugly error this should do
something else.  Maybe silently ignore the index.