Re: [ANNOUNCE] Save the Date: PgConf Silicon Valley 2016 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Save the Date: PgConf Silicon Valley 2016
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Mar  2, 2016 at 05:43:24PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 03/02/2016 05:28 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >
> >Further, the idea that SV needs to worry about Brazil is troubling.
> >Sure, there is a precedence that US won't collide with EU but other than
> >that?
> >
> >All of these events are run by different people, all with different
> >goals that are aligned but certainly not parallel to another.
>
> Well, the Brazillians have some reason to be upset since last year a speaker
> cancelled on PGBR in order to go to PGSV.  It's pretty hard for them to get
> foreign speakers in general given the distance, cost, and exchange rates,
> and conflicting with one of the larger PostgreSQL events doesn't help.

Yes, I know I was one of the people who wanted to attend PGSV and PGBR,
and could only attend PGSV.  Unfortunately, I have already accepted to
attend PGSV and _again_ can't attend PGBR.  Ugh!  I realize there is
nothing that can be done, and PGSV probably did the best they could when
the chose their date.  Let's face it, they can't choose a date based on
just me or a few people.

+ Roman grave inscription                             +