Re: Speedup twophase transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Speedup twophase transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stas Kelvich wrote:

> While this patch touches quite sensible part of postgres replay and there is some rarely used code paths, I wrote
shellscript to setup master/slave replication and test different failure scenarios that can happened with instances.
Attachingthis file to show test scenarios that I have tested and more importantly to show what I didn’t tested.
ParticularlyI failed to reproduce situation where StandbyTransactionIdIsPrepared() is called, may be somebody can
suggestway how to force it’s usage. Also I’m not too sure about necessity of calling cache invalidation callbacks
duringXlogRedoFinishPrepared(), I’ve marked this place in patch with 2REVIEWER comment.

I think this is the third thread in which I say this: We need to push
Michael Paquier's recovery test framework, then convert your test script
to that.  That way we can put your tests in core.