Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Victor Wagner
Subject Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 15:30:22 +0000
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:

> Okay, I've tested this again with additional logging.  Again, I'm just
> running "psql -p 5531 postgres", which connects to a standby.  This
> immediately exits psql, and the logs show:

> 2016-01-24 15:04:59.886 GMT - thom - postgres LOG:  00000: statement:
> SELECT pg_catalog.pg_is_in_recovery()
> This shouldn't be checking whether it's a standby.  I also noticed
> that with:

This is, of course, incompatibility with previous behavior. Probably,
I should modify this patch, so it would imply readonly flag if only one
host/port pair is specified in the command line.

Now it does check for standby regardless of number of hosts specified.

--                                   Victor Wagner <vitus@wagner.pp.ru>