Re: Fuzzy substring searching with the pg_trgm extension - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Fuzzy substring searching with the pg_trgm extension
Date
Re: Fuzzy substring searching with the pg_trgm extension  (Artur Zakirov <a.zakirov@postgrespro.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
Artur Zakirov wrote:

> >I don't quite understand why aren't we using a custom GUC variable here.
> >These already have SHOW and SET support ...
> >

> Added GUC variables:
> - pg_trgm.limit
> - pg_trgm.substring_limit
> I added this variables to the documentation.
> show_limit() and set_limit() functions work correctly and they are marked as
> deprecated.

Thanks.  I'm willing to commit quickly a small patch that only changes
the existing function to GUCs, then have a look at a separate patch that
adds the new substring operator.  Would you split the patch that way?