Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Agreed.  elog is the proper place, because then you guarantee that it is
> all on one line.  Is that OK?  Do we have elogs that we want over
> several lines?  Is this something we can do at this stage in beta?

As to the latter: sure.  We've already hacked the formatting of the log
output quite a bit since 7.3.  Better to hit them with this too now,
than spread the pain over multiple releases.

As to the former: the only thing that seems debatable to me is what to
do about the layout of the new multi-part ereport() messages.  I would
be inclined to go for one line per part, viz
    ERROR: blah blah blah
    DETAIL: blah blah\nblah blah
    HINT: blah blah\nblah blah\nblah blah
but perhaps someone would like to argue for somehow collapsing all this
to one line?  If so, how exactly?

            regards, tom lane