Re: BUG #13741: vacuumdb does not accept valid password - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #13741: vacuumdb does not accept valid password
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> > Here I attached modified patch that gets the password from parent connection
> > if exists and use it for the child connection also.
>
> Meh? Why the parent connection? You could simply have the password as
> an argument of connectDatabase, per se the attached. That looks just
> more simple.

Thanks!  This is almost there, but there's an important missing piece --
vacuumdb --all will ask you for a password for each database.  I think
vacuum_one_database needs to receive a password from its caller too.

(Also, please use pg_strdup.)