BUG #13741: vacuumdb does not accept valid password - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From brown@fastmail.com
Subject BUG #13741: vacuumdb does not accept valid password
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      13741
Logged by:          Eric Brown
Email address:      brown@fastmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.5beta1
Operating system:   CentOS 6.6

I am trying to vacuum a database from a remote computer.  It appears that
vacuumdb is not accepting my password, though psql connects just fine.
______
browne1@reslin3 ~/Desktop> vacuumdb -z -j 24 -h reslin1.enhnet.org -p 5433
                                                      127
vacuumdb: vacuuming database "browne1"
Password:
Password:
Password:
vacuumdb: could not connect to database browne1: FATAL:  password
authentication failed for user "browne1"
browne1@reslin3 ~/Desktop> psql -h reslin1.enhnet.org -p 5433
                                                        1
Password:
psql (9.5beta1)