Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-09-29 13:27:15 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> >> Mh - i'm not a native speaker. I didn't understand this line.
>
> > Tom was saying that the JIRA/Atlassian people would happily volunteer to
> > host our code repository for no cost (in money) to us.
>
> Not that so much as that the gitlab code really wants to be connected up
> to our code repo.  That makes complete sense in terms of its goals as
> stated by Torsten upthread, namely to be a git repo manager.  But it's
> not what we're looking for here.  We want an issue tracker, and we don't
> particularly need it to decide that it's in charge of repo access
> authorization for instance.  There's a whole bunch of functionality there
> that at best is useless to us, and at worst will get in the way.

I don't have any opinion WRT gitlab, but I'm fairly certain it'd be
unproblematic to configure automatic mirroring into it from
gitmaster.

It imo can make a fair amount of sense to give the bugtracker
et al access to the commits so it can automatically track mentions of
individual bugs and such.

Andres