Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2015-09-29 13:27:15 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Not that so much as that the gitlab code really wants to be connected up
>> to our code repo.  That makes complete sense in terms of its goals as
>> stated by Torsten upthread, namely to be a git repo manager.  But it's
>> not what we're looking for here.  We want an issue tracker, and we don't
>> particularly need it to decide that it's in charge of repo access
>> authorization for instance.  There's a whole bunch of functionality there
>> that at best is useless to us, and at worst will get in the way.

> I don't have any opinion WRT gitlab, but I'm fairly certain it'd be
> unproblematic to configure automatic mirroring into it from
> gitmaster.

I think you missed my point: gitlab would then believe it's in charge of,
eg, granting write access to that repo.  We could perhaps whack it over
the head till it only does what we want and not ten other things, but
we'd be swimming upstream.