BUG #13629: Version syntax in registry changed - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From thomas.deboben.ext@rohde-schwarz.com
Subject BUG #13629: Version syntax in registry changed
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      13629
Logged by:          Thomas Deboben
Email address:      thomas.deboben.ext@rohde-schwarz.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.9
Operating system:   Windows 7

Hi,

I have a bootstrapper installer including the ExePackage of PostgreSQL
installer (32 & 64 bit).
To identify the installed postgresql version  I have a RegistrySearch for
the Version value (here as 64 bit sample)

<util:RegistrySearch Id="FindPostgreSQLx64" Root="HKLM"
 Key="SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\$(var.POSTGRESQLX64)"
                         Value="Version"
                         Variable="PostgreSQLx64"
                         Win64="yes"/>

and a DetectCondition in the ExePackage
DetectCondition="(PostgreSQLx64= v$(var.POSTGRESQLFULLVERSION))"
with <?define POSTGRESQLFULLVERSION="9.3.6.1" ?>

This has worked fine so far, but with version 9.3.9.3 or 9.4.4.3 you have
changed the format of the Version value in the registry to semantic
versioning like 9.4.4-3.

Either the WIX Bootstrapper or the .NET Version class will support a version
with this syntax.

Please change back to the correct version format.

Many thanks,
  Thomas