Re: Another typo in comment in setrefs.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Another typo in comment in setrefs.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > * Etsuro Fujita (fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp) wrote:
> >> I'm attaching a small patch to fix another comment typo in setrefs.c:
> >> s/TIDs/OIDs/
>
> > Fixed.
>
> I do not think "typo" is the right characterization.  I'm too lazy to
> check for sure, but I think what was accumulated was indeed TIDs at one
> time.  The proposed patch is not correct either: what we accumulate now is
> syscache hash values.  Might be best to just say "add PlanInvalItems for
> user-defined functions", which is the wording used in some other places,
> eg line 173.

Perhaps it was.  I had looked at what was being called (which is
record_plan_function_dependency) and noted that it was taking OIDs and
certainly not TIDs.

I agree that rewording it to refer to PlanInvalItems is better than just
saying OIDs when we're actually looking up the OID and then adding a
PlanInvalItem which includes PROCOID and the syscache hash value.

Attached is a patch with the proposed change (against master, the back
branches require slightly different patches due to nearby wording
changes).

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment