Re: fix oversight converting buf_id to Buffer - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: fix oversight converting buf_id to Buffer
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2015-08-11 01:15:37 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
> I'm too tired right now to look at this, but it generally looked sane.

Pushed your fix to master and 9.5, with two very minor changes:
1) I moved the BufferDescriptorGetBuffer() call in PinBuffer_Locked() to  after the spinlock release. It's rather
minor,but there seems  little reason to do it before except the assert, which isn't compiled  in production.

2) I removed the two asserts you added. They essentially asserted that  i + 1 == i + 1.

Thanks again for the catch and patch.

Greetings,

Andres Freund