Re: 9.5 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: 9.5 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 03:39:19PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 9:15 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > I am ready to make suggested adjustments
>
> I attach a compatibility note that is clearly needed; adding this is
> an open item of mine for 9.5. This concerns foreign data wrappers and
> UPSERT.

I though tabout this, and it is really an issue for FDW authors, not for
end users, so I put this text in the Source Code changes section:

+        <para>
+         Foreign tables can now take part in <command>INSERT ... ON CONFLICT
+         DO NOTHING</> queries (Peter Geoghegan, Heikki Linnakangas,
+         Andres Freund)
+        </para>
+
+        <para>
+         Foreign data wrappers must be modified to handle this.
+         <command>INSERT ... ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE</> is not supported on
+         foreign tables.
+        </para>
+       </listitem>

http://enterprisedb.com