Re: error message diff with Perl 5.22.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: error message diff with Perl 5.22.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> With the recently released Perl 5.22.0, the tests fail thus:
>
> -ERROR:  Global symbol "$global" requires explicit package name at line 3.
> -Global symbol "$other_global" requires explicit package name at line 4.
> +ERROR:  Global symbol "$global" requires explicit package name (did you forget to declare "my $global"?) at line 3.
> +Global symbol "$other_global" requires explicit package name (did you forget to declare "my $other_global"?) at line
4.
>  CONTEXT:  compilation of PL/Perl function "uses_global"
>

> With PL/Python, this happens for just about every other release, and we usually add another expected file.  I don't
seeanything like that for PL/Perl yet.  Should we add a new expected file, or is there a different preferred solution?

How many .sql files does this affect?  Alternate expected output is
bothersome; if more than one test file is affected, I think the best is
to isolate the cases where this appears to a single .sql file, as short
as possible, so that we don't have to touch it for anything else, and so
that we don't have to touch the isolated file except for similar
changes.

Also, do we need a buildfarm member running 5.22?