BUG #13188: .pgpass does not work - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From bzb.dev001@gmail.com
Subject BUG #13188: .pgpass does not work
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      13188
Logged by:          wt
Email address:      bzb.dev001@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.1
Operating system:   linux

Tried to use ~/.pgpass file to automatically specify the password when I use
the psql console app. according to the info from "PostgreSQL 9.4.0
Documentation", Section 31.15. The Password File.

Postgresql is configured to use md5 for login.

file: pg_hba.conf
-----------------
local   all             all                                     md5
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
host    all             all             ::1/128                 md5

file: ~/.pgpass
#hostname : port : database : username : password
* : 5432 : * : postgres : somepassword

When I exec psql without specifying the password, I cannot login...

$ psql --host=localhost --port=5432 --username=postgres --no-password
psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied