Re: adding a new platform - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Subject Re: adding a new platform
Date
Re: adding a new platform
List pgsql-pkg-yum
On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 10:01:21 +0800
Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 21 April 2015 at 06:11, Mark Wong <mark@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have access to a z13 mainframe and would like to explore getting
> > packages built for the yum repository for Linux on z (as opposed to
> > z/OS.)  I've looked at the git repository, but was wondering what the
> > best way is to run through trying to build packages and what not.
> >

> I (or, rather, 2ndQuadrant) also have access to POWER7 machines at OSU OSL
> that can be used to build ppc64 packages for Linux on POWER, in case anyone
> expresses interest in this.

I talked with Devrim during last pgconf.eu about the opportunity to have IBM
providing a POWER server and even some feedback about their gcc toolkit,
optimized for POWER7 and POWER8.

I had no answers to my mails since then, when trying to get people from IBM in
touch with Devrim :(

Devrim, maybe my emails landed in your spam ? Or did I miss something ?

Cheers,
--
Jehan-Guillaume "ioguix" de Rorthais
http://www.dalibo.com