Re: [pgsql-advocacy] What do we need for new PUGs? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] What do we need for new PUGs?
Date
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] What do we need for new PUGs?  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Mar  4, 2015 at 11:05:18AM +0100, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> Ciao,
>
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 11:45 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> > I'm especially looking for some feedback here from our *international*
> > audience; what works in the USA will be different from what works elsewhere.
>

> I'm speaking for the ITPUG here.
> What we have "now" is something more complex than a single mailing
> list. In particular we run a VPS which hosts a git repository for our
> internal documents, as well as an issue tracker to schedule and manage
> activities.
> We have also a couple of private mailing lists, as well as an
> italian-only planet and an official web site.
> Besides, we have current and old PGDay.IT web sites and another couple
> of gadgets.
>
> For a new PUG my 2c are to a mailing list and a web space, possibly
> already connected to the official planet. As Stephen, I believe the
> real problem is not strictly connected to the infrastructure but in
> the way the PUG presents itself and its activity to the world.

This points out a real reason for per-language, if not per-PUG) lists
--- you can't just say posting to pgsql-general is good for non-English
speakers.

  + Everyone has their own god. +