Re: What do we need for new PUGs? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Luca Ferrari
Subject Re: What do we need for new PUGs?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Ciao,

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 11:45 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> I'm especially looking for some feedback here from our *international*
> audience; what works in the USA will be different from what works elsewhere.

I'm speaking for the ITPUG here.
What we have "now" is something more complex than a single mailing
list. In particular we run a VPS which hosts a git repository for our
internal documents, as well as an issue tracker to schedule and manage
activities.
We have also a couple of private mailing lists, as well as an
italian-only planet and an official web site.
Besides, we have current and old PGDay.IT web sites and another couple
of gadgets.

For a new PUG my 2c are to a mailing list and a web space, possibly
already connected to the official planet. As Stephen, I believe the
real problem is not strictly connected to the infrastructure but in
the way the PUG presents itself and its activity to the world.

Luca