Re: [pgsql-www] What do we need for new PUGs? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] What do we need for new PUGs?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:

> So the question becomes: if what new PUGs need for infrastructure is not
> new mailing lists, then what do they need?

Have "PUG" be a new type of organization in the website database.  Users
(community accounts) can be marked admin of PUGs.

Have "PUG events" be a new type of event in the website database.
Admins of PUGs can post new PUG events [, without requiring moderation.]

Show a box of the upcoming two or three PUG events somewhere in the front
page of www.postgresql.org (maybe "Local events this week"); also have a
link that opens a page listing all events in the next 30 days.  Have a
way to list all events of any individual PUG.  Maybe steal space from
"Latest News" for this.