BUG #12674: x86_64 and i386 libraries install over each other - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From greg.guldenschuh@telchemy.com
Subject BUG #12674: x86_64 and i386 libraries install over each other
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      12674
Logged by:          Greg Guldenschuh
Email address:      greg.guldenschuh@telchemy.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.5
Operating system:   RHEL6

We have a product where we are in the process of recompiling and re-linking
the various parts to use the x86_64 libraries, but some parts still use the
i386 libraries.

When installing both sets of the libraries using the postgresql
repositories, the library files overwrite each other and make using both
exceptionally difficult.  It seems to make sense to have the x86_64
libraries install in one tree and the i386 install in another and the rpms
set up the correct paths to each.