Re: pg_upgrade failure on Windows Server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pg_upgrade failure on Windows Server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 09:01:39AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > The
> > Windows-specif code we do carry is required and was developed by people
> > that are no longer as involved.
> >

> I have seen many a times that once committer's (those who are not generally
> involved in Windows development) get reasonable confidence about patch
> and the review done for the same, they commit the patch.  It happens both
> for the patches where I was Author and where I was Reviewer, although I
> agree that it takes more time.

Here is Windows change to properly detach the server process that never
got implemented as no Windows expert developed or tested a patch, but
test code was posted:

    http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/53759381.4000205@cubiclesoft.com#53759381.4000205@cubiclesoft.com

Here is another unapplied Windows patch for preventing Control-C from
closing the server:

    http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20140410214426.GI6917@momjian.us#20140410214426.GI6917@momjian.us

Again, I would love to say we handle Windows patches well, but we don't.

  + Everyone has their own god. +