Re: Commitfest problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Commitfest problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 05:21:06PM +0000, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> I should add here that the QEMU folk do tend to go to great lengths to
> preserve bisectability; often intermediate compatibility APIs are
> introduced early in the patchset and then removed at the very end when
> the final feature is implemented.

I agree with Tom on this, and I want to point out that certain software
projects benefit more from modularized development than others , e.g.
QEMU is an interface library and therefore probably does things in a
more modular way than usual.  For example, they are probably not adding
new SQL commands or configuration settings in the same way Postgres
does.  It would be interesting to compare the directory span of a
typical Postgres patch vs. a QEMU or Linux kernel one.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +