Re: bug in json_to_record with arrays - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: bug in json_to_record with arrays
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> As far as your request for a better error message is concerned, I'm a
> bit inclined to lay the blame on array_in rather than the JSON code.
> Wouldn't it be better if it said
>
>      ERROR:  invalid input syntax for array: "["potter","chef","programmer"]"
>      DETAIL: Dimension value is missing.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me, but I would just caution that we should
check if that's considered 'leakproof' or not (or, if it is, if it'd
ever possibly leak data it shouldn't or if it would only ever return
information provided by the user).

Otherwise, someone might be able to convince the planner to push it down
below a security qual and expose data from rows which shouldn't be
visible.
Thanks!
    Stephen