Re: Segmentation fault in pg_dumpall from master down to 9.1 and other bug introduced by RLS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Segmentation fault in pg_dumpall from master down to 9.1 and other bug introduced by RLS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2014-11-13 18:00:45 -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> > I'm happy to fix it either way (and fix it for 8.1, and back to.. what?
> > Postgres95?)
>
> Err.  That might have come off poorly- I didn't mean that sarcastically
> but was really wondering how far back you test (or how far back we
> feel pg_dumpall needs to work against..).  I was originally going to say
> 7.4, but then figured we might try to go back farther than even that
> and, well, Postgres95 is the oldest we have "easy" access to..

pg_dump currently errors out before 7.0:/* * We allow the server to be back to 7.0, and up to any minor release of *
ourown major version.  (See also version check in pg_dumpall.c.) */fout->minRemoteVersion =
70000;fout->maxRemoteVersion= (PG_VERSION_NUM / 100) * 100 + 99;

I do think it might be justifyable to bump that a bit.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services