array exclusion constraints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From francisk@hush.com
Subject array exclusion constraints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
CREATE TABLE test (  foo text[],  EXCLUDE USING gist (foo WITH &&)
);

ERROR:  data type text[] has no default operator class for access method "gist"
HINT:  You must specify an operator class for the index or define a default operator class for the data type.

It looks like exclusion constraints don't work with arrays, there's no gist opclass for them. This would be a nice to
havefeature and, if I recall correctly, exclusion constraints were meant to work both with ranges and arrays. Am I
missingsomething?

Regards,
Francis