Re: Tablespace limit feature - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Tablespace limit feature
Date
List pgsql-general
Alejandro Carrillo escribió:

> But This feature is very necessary to control the amount space expensed by a postgresql user or tablespace. This
featurecould be used in PostgreSQL Sharing Hosting, see: Shared Database Hosting - PostgreSQL wiki

Sure.  Rub hits the road when it comes to actually implementing this,
though -- the issue of enforcing the limit without creating a bottleneck
to table extension is not trivial to overcome, as I recall.  Right now
it might not matter tremendously much given that we only extending a
page at a time, but there's also been talk about extending in larger
chunks and that could become a problem.

If someone were to indulge in actual thinking and less handwaving, I'm
sure it would be welcome.