Re: Tablespace limit feature - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Tablespace limit feature
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/4/14, 2:10 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Alejandro Carrillo escribió:
>> >
>> >But This feature is very necessary to control the amount space expensed by a postgresql user or tablespace. This
featurecould be used in PostgreSQL Sharing Hosting, see: Shared Database Hosting - PostgreSQL wiki
> Sure.  Rub hits the road when it comes to actually implementing this,
> though -- the issue of enforcing the limit without creating a bottleneck
> to table extension is not trivial to overcome, as I recall.

And index extension. And visibility map extension. And, and, and.

It's definitely a non-trivial problem to solve, and unfortunately there are extremely few hosting environment providers
activein the community to even ask for the kinds of features they need, which means this just doesn't get much
attention.