BUG #11680: PostgreSQL JDBC Driver issue - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From kentoj@gmail.com
Subject BUG #11680: PostgreSQL JDBC Driver issue
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      11680
Logged by:          Kent Johnson
Email address:      kentoj@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.1
Operating system:   Mac OS X

When using the PostgreSQL JDBC driver in my project i get a weird error
stating "Unexpected error trying to gauge level of JDBC REF_CURSOR support :
null"

It causes my application to hang when starting up for anywhere between
eighty to three hundred seconds. After startup everything works fine. I am
using the following driver version:

(Gradle Dependency style)
'org.postgresql:postgresql:9.3-1102-jdbc41'

My application is a Spring Boot application and the hanging happens upon
starting that application.

I saw the error after turning on Hibernate logging. The full log is at the
following paste.

http://pastebin.com/CAjSyQw9

Does this sort of an error seem like an issue with the JDBC driver?