Re: Re: pgsql: Cosmetic improvements in plpython's make rule for libpython impo - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: Re: pgsql: Cosmetic improvements in plpython's make rule for libpython impo
Date
List pgsql-committers

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20130103031358.GB11705@tornado.leadboat.com

> but surely there's a way to get Cygwin's make to handle file
> names with colons in them?  Or if not, maybe we should try to strip out
> any drive letter appearing in the DLL spec?

Escaping the colon with a backslash does work.  (There's nothing
Cygwin-specific in play, just standard GNU make colon semantics.)

> I do not really believe the
> argument that we don't need a dependency there.

We don't add a dependency on /usr/lib/libz.a, even though a change to that
file might influence a rebuild.  This is similar.