Re: Re: pgsql: Cosmetic improvements in plpython's make rule for libpython impo - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: pgsql: Cosmetic improvements in plpython's make rule for libpython impo
Date
List pgsql-committers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 04:31:42PM +0000, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Cosmetic improvements in plpython's make rule for libpython import library.
>>
>> This build technique is remarkably ugly, but that doesn't mean it has
>> to be unreadable too.  Be a bit more liberal with the vertical whitespace,
>> and give the .def file a proper dependency, just in case.

> That dependency omission was no accident.  See commit 0d147e43 and
> contemporary discussion.

Hm.  I failed to find the "contemporary discussion" after a bit of
looking, but surely there's a way to get Cygwin's make to handle file
names with colons in them?  Or if not, maybe we should try to strip out
any drive letter appearing in the DLL spec?  I do not really believe the
argument that we don't need a dependency there.

            regards, tom lane