Re: BUFFER_LOCK_EXCLUSIVE is used in ginbuildempty(). - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUFFER_LOCK_EXCLUSIVE is used in ginbuildempty().
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As far as I see gin seems using GIN_EXCLUSIVE instead of
> BUFFER_LOCK_EXCLUSIVE for LockBuffer, but the raw
> BUFFER_LOCK_EXCLUSIVE appears in ginbuildempty().
>
> Does it has a meaning to fix them to GIN_EXCLUSIVE?

I don't understand the point of having these GIN_EXCLUSIVE / GIN_SHARED
symbols.  It's not like we could do anything different than
BUFFER_LOCK_EXCLUSIVE etc instead.  It there was a GinLockBuffer() it
might make more sense to have specialized symbols, but as it is it seems
pointless.