Re: BUG #9136: pg_is_xlog_replay_paused() should not need Superuser - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: BUG #9136: pg_is_xlog_replay_paused() should not need Superuser
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 03:11:44PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>     Is this correct?  Do we have proper super-user restrictions on all the
>     right fields now?
>

> I'm not sure what the security problem would be for allowing non-superusers to
> run pg_is_xlog_replay_paused(). And if there are none, there is no reason why
> the function should be restricted like that.
>
>  Also, looking at that specific documentation page, ISTM it needs a better way
> to show which functions actually *do* require superuser privileges. In some
> groups it states which do require it, and in some where it doesn't. Perhaps we
> should add a column to each of the tables with a yes/no value indicating if
> superuser is required for that specific function? Or at least have every table
> be prefixed by a statement saying which require superuser.

Well, right now we seem to have an inconsistent setup that is being
complained about regularly.  Who can review it all and make a
recommendation?  Should we just hold all this for 9.5?

  + Everyone has their own god. +