Re: Re: any way for a transaction to "see" inserts done earlier in the transaction? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincent Veyron
Subject Re: Re: any way for a transaction to "see" inserts done earlier in the transaction?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 10:02:00 -0700
Susan Cassidy <susan.cassidy@decisionsciencescorp.com> wrote:

> I moved the code in the function inline into the code, and I still cannot
> find the newly inserted id the next time through the loop.

I suppose you use DBD::Pg, whose current default isolation transaction level is ``Serializable''

Don't know if it applies, but the Postgresql's documentation says this :

SERIALIZABLE

    All statements of the current transaction can only see rows committed before the first query or data-modification
statementwas executed in this transaction. If a pattern of reads and writes among concurrent serializable transactions
wouldcreate a situation which could not have occurred for any serial (one-at-a-time) execution of those transactions,
oneof them will be rolled back with a serialization_failure SQLSTATE.

--
                    Regards, Vincent Veyron

http://libremen.com/
Legal case, contract and insurance claim management software