Re: Wanted: ALTER TRIGGER ... OWNED BY EXTENSION - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Wanted: ALTER TRIGGER ... OWNED BY EXTENSION
Date
List pgsql-general
Moshe Jacobson wrote:

> Even though I mark the trigger *functions *as owned by my extension, the
> trigger definitions themselves are still dumped by pg_dump and restored by
> pg_restore. This is a problem when pg_restore is using parallelism (-j),
> and one thread starts issuing CREATE TRIGGER commands before the other
> thread has finished populating the config table.

ISTM that the usual locution for this is ALTER EXTENSION .. ADD.  You
could test whether this is going to work by manually inserting rows in
pg_depend.

It seems strange to me that the created trigger is part of the extension,
however.  Maybe it's the right fix, but hmm.