BUG #9548: jpg error 53 when trying to view jpg stored in blob field - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Joyce.Kai@honeywell.com
Subject BUG #9548: jpg error 53 when trying to view jpg stored in blob field
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      9548
Logged by:          Joyce Kai
Email address:      Joyce.Kai@honeywell.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.3
Operating system:   Windows 7 64-bit

I use PostgreSQL in an application written in Delphi.  We started with
PostgreSQL 8.1.  I store a jpg image in a blob field using Delphi code.  We
recently upgraded to 8.3 because 8.1 is no longer supported.  However, the
installation for 8.3 frequently fails on Windows 7 64-bit, and PostgreSQL
8.3 is about to be obsoleted anyway, so we have been telling them to
download and install the latest version when it fails.  A few users have
installed 9.3.  When they attempt to view the jpg image stored in the
database, they get jpg error 53.  We have found that if we have them
uninstall the 9.3 server and install the 8.1 server, the jpg image can be
stored and viewed just fine.  Also, if I use the 8.1 server to store the
image, and then back up and restore the database onto a 9.3 server, the
image can be viewed just fine on the 9.3 server.  So I think the problem is
with storing the image, even though the error message occurs when getting it
back out.  Please make this feature work the same way in 9.3 as it did in
8.1 so we can upgrade.