Re: BUG #9531: Failed to install - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Yong Zhang
Subject Re: BUG #9531: Failed to install
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Hello,

After I submitted the bug online yesterday I tried to install 9.1 with the data folder specified to a folder which is not in Program Files (x86). The result was a disaster – it changed the owner of my C:\ to postgres. So I had to go through lots trouble to restore my computer back to the working state.

I just tried to install 9.3 again with switch “–enable_acledit 1”. I didn’t use any other command line option. The log file is attached.

Is there a document of how to set up PostgreSQL server on Windows manually? I would like to extract the files on my machine and then manually set it up. It seems very dangerous to run the installer. I have two colleagues who had experienced the same issue – the installer changed the ownership of C:\. And it was really big deal for them to fix it. They are both running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit, same as me.

Thanks,

Yong