Re: BUG #9531: Failed to install - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dave Page
Subject Re: BUG #9531: Failed to install
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Yong Zhang <yzhang@trinityusa.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> After I submitted the bug online yesterday I tried to install 9.1 with th=
> data folder specified to a folder which is not in Program Files (x86). Th=
> result was a disaster =E2=80=93 it changed the owner of my C:\ to postgre=
s. So I had
> to go through lots trouble to restore my computer back to the working sta=
te.

I don't see any way that is possible. The installer only grants
permissions - it doesn't touch the ownership; that requires use of
commands/APIs that are not called anywhere in the installer as far as
I can see.

--=20
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com