BUG #9530: Debugg recursion function - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From martin.klinger@sitkhaso.cz
Subject BUG #9530: Debugg recursion function
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      9530
Logged by:          Martin Klinger
Email address:      martin.klinger@sitkhaso.cz
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.2
Operating system:   W7

Hallo,

for debugging using pgAdmin with set in postgres.conf:
shared_preload_libraries = '$ libdir / plugin_debugger.dll
generally not a problem and works.

I'll try to describe a case that does not work:

I have a function "function1" imposed on PostgreSQL 9.3, I run pgAdmin
1.18.1, log on to SQL, I find the procedure in the tree and set up via the
right mouse button / debug / breakpoint.

The body function "function1" calling again the "function1" (recursion) ->
execute function1. First start-up procedures breakpoint activates and stops,
the second call the same procedure recursion, the breakpoint will be lost
and freezes pgAdmin.

The same situation works in pgAdmin 1.16.1 in connection with the same
function on the same PostgreSQL9.3 correctly, and thus function recursion
can be debugged.

Thank you,
With Regards
Martin Klinger