BUG #9531: Failed to install - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From yzhang@trinityusa.com
Subject BUG #9531: Failed to install
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      9531
Logged by:          Yong Zhang
Email address:      yzhang@trinityusa.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.3
Operating system:   Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

I failed to install 9.3.3.1, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. I even tried
with switch "--enable_acledit 1". Got exactly the same result. I also tried
9.1 and 9.2. They are the same. In the log file I found:

Called IsVistaOrNewer()...
    'winmgmts' object initialized...
    Version:6.1
    MajorVersion:6
Ensuring we can write to the data directory (using icacls) to  yzhang:
    Executing batch file 'rad3DB60.bat'...
    processed file: C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\9.3\data
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files

    Executing batch file 'rad3DB60.bat'...
    The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"yzhang".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale "English_United
States.1252".
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

Data page checksums are disabled.

fixing permissions on existing directory C:/Program Files
(x86)/PostgreSQL/9.3/data ... initdb: could not change permissions of
directory "C:/Program Files (x86)/PostgreSQL/9.3/data": Permission denied

Called Die(Failed to initialise the database cluster with initdb)...
Failed to initialise the database cluster with initdb

Script stderr:
 Program ended with an error exit code

Error running cscript //NoLogo "C:\Program Files
(x86)\PostgreSQL\9.3/installer/server/initcluster.vbs" "NT
AUTHORITY\NetworkService" "postgres" "****" "C:\Program Files
(x86)\PostgreSQL\9.3" "C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\9.3\data" 5432
"English, United States" 1 : Program ended with an error exit code
Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
 The database cluster initialisation failed.